To know whether you have cataracts, your doctor may conduct following tests:
- Visual acuity test.
- Slit-lamp exam.
- Retinal exam.
In most cases, prescription glasses can help you clear your vision. If that fail to work and you find your eyesight is affected, you can turn to surgery. You had better talk with your doctor about the surgery to know whether there is the need. Your doctor will decide the treatment most suitable for you.
Following changes in daily life can also help you a lot：
- Make sure your eyeglasses or contact lenses are the most accurate prescription possible
- Use a magnifying glass to read if you need additional help reading.
- Improve the lighting in your home with more or brighter lamps.
- When you go outside during the day, wear sunglasses or a broad-brimmed hat to reduce glare.
- Limit your night driving.