Your doctor will practice a physical exam and look at your legs when you are standing to see whether there is swelling. You also need an ultrasound test to know whether you have a blood clot.
If your varicose veins are not serious, following ways can help you:
- Lose weight.
- Elevate legs.
- Avoid long-time standing or sitting.
- Wear compression stockings.
If your condition is serious, your doctor may prescribe following treatments:
- Foam sclerotherapy of large veins.
- Laser surgeries.
- Catheter-assisted procedures.
- High ligation and vein stripping.