for vascular dementia include:
- Abnormal aging of blood vessels.
- Atrial fibrillation.
- High blood pressure.
- High cholesterol.
- History of heart attack, strokes or ministrokes.
- Increasing age.
Vascular dementia signs and symptoms
- Decline in ability to analyze a situation, develop an effective plan and communicate that plan to others
- Depression or apathy
- Difficulty deciding what to do next
- Reduced ability to organize thoughts or actions
- Restlessness and agitation
- Problems with memory
- Sudden or frequent urge to urinate or inability to control passing urine
- Trouble paying attention and concentrating
- Unsteady gait