Following tests can diagnose kidney cancer:
- Blood and urine tests. It helps your doctor know the cause of the cancer.
- Image tests.
- Remove a sample of kidney tissue. This way is not common.
There are following treatments:
- Nephrectomy. Remove the affected kidney.
- Partial nephrectomy. Remove the tumor from the kidney.
- Cryoablation. Freeze cancer cells.
- Radiofrequency ablation. Heat cancer cells.
- Biological therapy. It uses your body’s immune system to fight cancer.
- Targeted therapy. It blocks abnormal signals.
- Radiation therapy. It uses energy beams to kill cancer cells.
- Clinical trials.