There are many ways to help manage and treat anxiety disorders. But you should always consult your doctor before you decide which method(s) to use.
- SNRIs & SSRIs. The medicines were first used for the treatment of depression. But scientists later found that they also work for anxiety.
- Beta blockers. These are for people experience anxiety in certain situations, like giving a speech. Brand names of such medicine include Lopressor, Inderal, and Tenormin.
- Benzodiazepines. These drugs work really fast, but patients are likely to grow dependent on it. So doctors usually prescribe other drugs first.
- Exposure therapy. Doctors expose a patient to a feared situation by simulating a safe environment. Technologies such as virtual reality can be used.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT). A therapist will help you know what cause your anxiety and how to cope with it. The therapist may encourage you to write down what you are thinking when anxiety occur.
- Diet change. Add zinc, magnesium, vitamins D, B6, and B12 to your diet. Some anxiety disorders are caused by lack of these nutrients.
- Exercise. When you exercise, you concentrate on the activity rather on negative thoughts. It also makes you more confident and feel better as you are accomplishing something.
Keywords: anxiety treatment help; anxietytreatment; best treatments anxiety