Remedies for narcolepsy include medications
used to treat the symptoms of narcolepsy and things you can do at home
to help improve the symptoms of narcolepsy.
that act as stimulants and/or reduce the other symptoms of narcolepsy include:
- Ritalin. It helps to reduce excessive daytime sleepiness and improves alertness. Take it one day each week.
- Provigil (modafinil). It can reduce excessive daytime sleepiness.
- Nuvigil (armodafinil). It is also used to reduce excessive daytime sleepiness just like Provigil.
- Antidepressants. They are used to reduce the frequency of cataplexy, which is a condition of a sudden (but temporary) loss of muscle tone.
- Xyrem. It is used to treat a small subset of people with narcolepsy who have excessive daytime sleepiness and cataplexy that does not respond to the other medications.
for narcolepsy include:
- Maintain a regular sleep schedule.
- Schedule naps during the day.
- Avoid heavy meals and alcohol.
- Do not drive or operate machinery when you feel sleepy.
- Exercise regularly.
Keywords: narcolepsy remedies; remedies narcolepsy