Yes, there are home treatments for acid reflux. After reading this article, you will learn about many home remedies you may try.
Home treatments include:
- Have a heathy weight. Acid reflux is more prevalent in overweight or obese adults. You are suggested to lose 1-2 pounds a week.
- Eat foods that help. Medical professionals recommend foods low in fat and high in protein.
- Try herbal remedies. Licorice, marshmallow, chamomile can be used for acid reflux. You can drink tea or take supplement pills.
- Stop smoking. This helps as smoking harms the LES, a ring of muscle responsible for keeping stomach acids inside the stomach.
- Avoid tight clothing. Tight bottoms and belts are especially harmful. They put pressure on the belly, thus increasing your chance of having heartburn.
Before you try home remedies, always consult your doctor. Sometimes, home treatments alone may not solve the problem.
Keywords: acid reflux home treatment; acid reflux home remedies; acid reflux home remedy; acid reflux home treatments; home acid reflux remedy; home cure acid reflux; home cures acid reflux; home remedies acid reflux; homemade cure acid reflux; helps acid reflux; do acid reflux