Treatment of IBS mainly focuses on relieving symptoms so that your life quality won't be affected.
For mild signs and symptoms, it's may be enough to deal with your stress and change your diet and lifestyle by:
- Avoiding foods that trigger your symptoms
- Eating high-fiber foods
- Drinking plenty of fluids
- Exercising regularly
- Getting enough sleep
- Trying to eliminate high-gas foods, gluten from your diet
But if your symptoms are moderate or severe, you may need following medications:
- Fiber supplements
- Anti-diarrheal medications
- Anticholinergic medications
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- SSRI antidepressants
- Pain medications
Keywords: ibs treatment; treatment ibs; irritable bowel syndrome treatment; treatment irritable bowel syndrome.