Bipolar disorders can cause many sleep problems. Insomnia is one of them. This short article talks about ways to cope with such insomnia.
Ways to deal with insomnia include:
- Keep a sleep diary
- Avoid overstimulating activity near bedtime such as smartphone, TV, and computer
- Use the hormone melatonin at bedtime
- Stop drinking alcohol and coffee
- Keep your bedroom dark and quiet
- More exercise during daytime
Of course, you should always consult your doctor about these coping skills before you use them.
Keyword: bipolar insomnia