Let's learn about the 7 most common devices that can help enhance hearing.
- Behind the ear (BTE): Plastic tube carries sound to a custom ear mold (not shown).
- Mini behind the ear (Mini BTE): Plastic tube connects to an earbud inside the ear canal.
- Receiver in canal (RIC): Microphone, amplifier are behind the ear; connected with wires to a receiver in an earbud or custom mold in the canal.
- In the ear (ITE): Custom-made shell fits in the outer ear.
- In the canal (ITC): Custom-made device fits into the ear canal opening.
- Completely in the canal (CIC): Fits entirely in the ear canal.
- Invisible in the canal (IIC): Fits deeper into the ear canal.
Key word: types hearing aids