Dry eye, also known as keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS)
, is the condition of having dry eyes.
Its symptoms include redness,irritation,discharge, and easily fatigued eyes. And it may cause blurred vision.Usually, people who have dry eyes will feel pain in their eyes.
Followings are some tips that help to reduce the painful sensation of dry eye:
- Keep your eyelids clean:You can wash them with a mild soap.
- Reduce your time on screen: You can take eye breaks during long tasks.
- Add more fatty acid in your diet:You can eat tuna (fresh, not canned),salmon,sardines,anchovies and herring.
- Use humidifier to put more moisture in the air
- Use artificial tears indluding: Tears Naturale,20/20 Tears,Murine, Refresh, Celluvisc, and Comfort Tears
- Use lubricating eye ointments
- Use eyedrops including:cyclosporine (Restasis) drops,lifitegrast drops,steroid drops,and castor oil eyedrops
- Wear special contact lenses:scleral lenses or bandage lenses
Keywords:dry eye painful