Dry eye is characterized by decreased tear production
caused by eye inflammation or other eye diseases. Its other symptoms include redness, irritation, discharge, and easily fatigued eyes. There are many causes for dry eyes.
- Sjogren's syndrome
- Thyroid disorders
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Besides, some eye-related diseases such as cataract
, red eyes
can also lead to dry eyes.
Some irregular living habits
can lead to dry eyes:
- Reading books for a long time: especially reading under the sun
- Riding a bicycle for a long time: especially in windy days
- Using computers or mobile phones for a long time and without eye rests
- Living in an air-conditioned room
- Living in dusty circumstance
Keywords: cause dry eye; causes dry eye; causes dry eyes; dry eyes causes