, also known as conjunctivitis
, is a kind of inflammation or infection
on the transparent membrane (conjunctiva)
that covers the white part of your eyeball and lines your eyelid. Since the small blood vessels in the conjunctiva are inflamed, they're more visible. Then your eyes appear to be pink or reddish
To relieve the Symptoms of pink eyes, you can try the following treatments:
- Keep your eyelids clean: You can wash them with a mild soap.
- Reduce your time on screen: You can take eye breaks during long tasks.
- Put cold compresses on your eyes.
- Use lubricating eye ointments.
- Remove your contact lenses and keep them clean.
- Use non-prescription artificial tears.
Keywords: allergic pink eye treatment