Not all children have the same asthma symptoms, and these symptoms can vary from episode to episode in the same child.
In general, common signs and symptoms of asthma may include:
- Frequent coughing spells, which may occur during play, at night, or while laughing or crying
- A chronic cough (which may be the only symptom)
- Less energy during play
- Rapid breathing (intermittently)
- Complaint of chest tightness or chest "hurting"
- Whistling sound when breathing in or out -- called wheezing
- See-saw motions in the chest from labored breathing
- Shortness of breath, loss of breath
- Tightened neck and chest muscles
- Feelings of weakness or tiredness
Keywords: children asthma symptoms; symptoms children asthma; asthma symptoms children.