Low-sodium salt takes iodized salt as raw material, adding a certain amount of potassium chloride and magnesium sulfate, in order to improve the balance of sodium (Na +), potassium (K +), magnesium (Mg2 +), reducing risk of developing high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease.
However, low sodium-salt doesn’t fit for all people. You should be careful if you have the following problems:
- Kidney disease needs low-sodium diet, instead of low-sodium.
- Heart disease should cope with low-sodium salt with the permission of doctors
- Low sodium salt is a taboo in diet for hyperkalemia.
- Strenuous exercise, infection, extensive burns, trauma, acidosis, and status epilepticus also should avoid low-sodium salt.
- Diabetic nephropathy should pay attention to the amount of low-sodium salt for a better controlling of blood pressure.
Actually, you still need to control you dad’s salt intake, rather than searching for a better salt. Wish him good health and happy mood!
diabetes dry mouth diabetes diabetic nephropathy; salt diabetes; best salt diabetes; diabetesalternativemedicine; diabetesalternativemedicines.