What are the symptoms of severe asthma?
If you have a severe asthma attack and your regular asthma medicine doesn’t stop it, it’s an emergency. You may have symptoms such as:
- Shortness of breath
- Can’t speak in full sentences
- Feel breathless even when you lie down
- Chest feels tight
- Bluish tint to your lips
- Feel agitated, confused, or can’t concentrate
- Hunched shoulders, strained abdominal and neck muscles
- Feel that you need to sit or stand up to breathe more easily
Above all, if you use your quick-acting asthma medicine and it doesn’t help, call 911.
Keywords: severe asthma symptoms; symptoms severe asthma; severe asthma signs.