There are options you can try at home ease your knee pain:
- Tai chi - It reduces pain and increases range of motion. The mental discipline it teaches could also aid in coping with chronic pain.
- Exercise and weight management - Daily exercise reduces knee pain in some people. Being overweight can aggravate the problem as well.
- Heat and cold therapy - Using a heating pad to rest your knee when reclining can help to keep the joint from stiffening up. Wrapping a gel-style cold pack or cool compress around it can reduce pain and swelling.
- Ginger extract - A study of people with arthritis found that ginger helped to reduce pain when used in combination with a prescription treatment for arthritis.
- Glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate - Research has shown that the combination had minimal effect on pain for those with mild to moderate osteoarthritis.
Before you try any home remedy, whether a dietary supplement or other alternative therapy, you should talk to your doctor. Some supplements can interact with other medications or have unwanted side effects.
Keyword: home remedies knee pain