Heat and ice are both effective home remedies for acute nerve pain relief.
For continuing sciatica pain conditions, heat and ice can work in combination to reach maximum effectiveness.
- Firstly, apply ice for 15 to 20 minutes.
- After 30 to 60 minutes, apply heat for 30 to 45 minutes.
This double dose of ice and heat will reduce pain and increase circulation, providing lasting relief for many patients.
This treatment is both costless and riskless since it can be repeated as necessary and can be used in the comfort of your own home.
- Never apply ice directly to the skin.
- Heat is most effective when applied with moisture.
- Never leave ice applied for too long or you might suffer injury to the region.
- Always be sure that heat is not too hot to use.
Keywords: heat ice sciatica pain; ice heat sciatic nerve pain