Asthma inhaler types
According to the medicine inside an inhaler, inhalers can be grouped into four types
- Reliever inhalers - contain bronchodilator medicines
The two main reliever medicines are salbutamol and terbutaline.
- Preventer inhalers - usually contain a steroid medicine
The main inhaled steroid preventer medications are:
- Beclometasone. These inhalers are usually brown and sometimes red in colour.
- Fluticasone. This is a yellow-coloured or orange-coloured inhaler.
- Long-acting bronchodilator inhalers
The medicines in these inhalers include salmeterol and formoterol.
- Inhalers containing a steroid plus a long-acting bronchodilator
Keywords: types asthma inhalers; types inhalers asthma; inhalers types asthma.