Viral and bacterial pink eye
are highly contagious
and can be easily spread from person to person. Allergic pink eye
is not contagious
. Pink eye can be highly contagious for as long as two weeks after its symptoms begin
If you are the patient
of pink eye, you can:
- Use non-prescription artificial tears.
- Use lubricating eye ointments.
- Use allergy eyedrops (for allergic pink eye)
- Keep your eyelids clean: You can wash them with a mild soap.
- Reduce your time on screen: You can take eye breaks during long tasks.
- Put cold compresses on your eyes.
- Remove your contact lenses and keep them clean.
If you are a friend or family member
of the patient, you can:
- Wash hands often.
- Do not touch your eyes.
- Do not touch the eyes of the patient.
- Do not use the same towel with the patient.
Keywords: contagious period pink eye; pink eye contagious period; pink eye contagious stage