In order to lower high blood pressure, people can try a combination of methods.
First of all, take medication. There are quite a few types of drugs that are in wide usage and prove effective.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers (ARBs)
- Calcium channel blockers
- Renin inhibitors
- Combination medications
Check any drug FDA approval, manufacturer info, usage and dosage, side effects in our drug data base.
Equally important, change of lifestyle. Less alcohol and sodium, more fiber, more exercises, these will help lower the blood pressure, and the effect is noticeable.
- Lose weight if you’re over weight
- Quit smoking
- Healthy diet, low fat high fiber, including the DASH Diet
- Reducing daily sodium intake to less than 1,500 milligrams a day
- Regular aerobic exercise, eg 30 minutes brisk walk a day, 3-4 times a week
- Reduce alcohol intake