is a kind of drug used to lower high blood pressure
. Many people choose antihypertensives to get a relief form high blood pressure. But, it should be noticed that what medicine you should take depends on what causes your high blood pressure.
Here are some different antihypertensives:
- Calcium Channel Blockers: slow your heart rate and keep blood vessels from tightening
- Central Agonists: slow your heart rate and stop blood vessels for narrowing
- Peripheral Adrenergic Blockers: keep blood vessels from tightening
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers: keep the hormone from attaching to the muscles around your blood vessels
- Diuretics: help to take salt and water out of your body and lower blood pressure
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors: prevent your body from making hormones
- Beta-Blockers: help to slow down heartbeat
You should consult your doctor whether you need to take any antihypertensive medicine to lower your blood pressure.
Keywords: antihypertensive; antihypertensive medications; antihypertensives