Here are some exercises specially for osteoarthritis knee:
- Hamstring Stretch - Always warm up with a 5-minute walk first. Lie down when you're ready to stretch your hamstring. Loop a bed sheet around your right foot. Use the sheet to help pull the straight leg up. Hold for 20 seconds, then lower the leg. Repeat twice. Then, switch legs.
- Calf Stretch - Hold onto a chair for balance. Bend your right leg. Step back with your left leg, and slowly straighten it behind you. Press your left heel toward the floor. You should feel the stretch in the calf of your back leg. Hold for 20 seconds. Repeat twice, then switch legs.
- Quad Set - Start by lying on the floor. Keep both legs on ground, relaxed. Flex and hold left leg tense for 5 seconds. Relax. Do two sets of 10 repetitions. Switch legs after each set.
- Pillow Squeeze - Lie on your back, both knees bent. Place a pillow between the knees. Squeeze your knees together, squishing the pillow between them. Hold for 5 seconds. Relax. Do two sets of 10 repetitions. Switch legs after each set.
- Heel Raise - Stand tall and hold the back of a chair for support. Lift your heels off the ground and rise up on the toes of both feet. Hold for 3 seconds. Slowly lower both heels to the ground. Do two sets of 10 repetitions.
Remember: Talk with your doctor before you try the above exercises.
Keyword: osteoarthritis knee exercise