A partial knee replacement is surgery to replace only one part of a damaged knee. It can replace either the inside (medial) part, the outside (lateral) part, or the kneecap part of the knee.
, you will be given medicine that blocks pain. You will have one of two anesthesia types
During the surgery procedure
- General anesthesia. You will be asleep and pain-free during the procedure.
- Regional anesthesia. You will be numb below your waist. You will also get medicines to make you relax or feel sleepy.
, the surgeon will make a cut over your knee. This cut is about 3 to 5 inches (7.5 to 13 centimeters) long.
- The surgeon looks at the entire knee joint.
- The damaged bone and tissue are removed.
- A part made from plastic and metal is placed into the knee.
- Once the part is in the proper place, it is attached with bone cement.
- The wound is closed with stitches.
To learn more you should go to a medical professional.
Keyword: partial knee replacement