While you may not be able to avoid the pain that comes with rheumatoid arthritis, you can take following action to limit it:
- Focus on things you enjoy.
- Make it a priority every day to relax.
- Take your pain medication on a schedule and as prescribed.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet. Don’t turn to cigarettes, or alcohol.
- Use a warm, moist compress to loosen up a stiff joint. Try an ice pack on an inflamed joint. Massage may also help.
- Join a support group. It’s a great place to talk with people who know what you are going through because they are.
- Exercise. It will make your joints feel better, not worse. Even if you're in pain, there are some exercises you can do. Talk to your doctor or a physical therapist about what’s best for you.
- Consider talking to a counselor. These professionals are a great source of support. They can help you look for new solutions to make your life better.
Keyword: rheumatoid arthritis knee pain relief