Dyslexia Awareness Week is run by the British Dyslexia Foundation, to raise money to provide resources for dyslexia sufferers and to raise awareness of dyslexia.
Dyslexia Awareness Week in 2018 takes place between Monday October 1st
and Sunday October 7th.
The World Dyslexia Awareness Day will be celebrated on Thursday October 4th.
Aims of it include:
- Ensure early diagnosis and intervention
- Ensure that assessments are available
- Educate and raise awareness with the general public about dyslexia and its effects
- Make sure that appropriate teaching, resources and adjustments are provided for those with dyslexia
- Provide strategies to maximise the strengths of those with dyslexia
Keyword: dyslexia awareness week