occurs when the tissue
that covers the lungs and chest wall
. It can produce a sudden sharp, stabbing, burning or dull pain in the chest
and may develop some complications
Medical treatments and lifestyle changes can help you get rid of pleurisy:
- Antibiotics (if pleurisy caused by bacteria.)
- Antifungal drugs (if pleurisy caused by fungus.)
- Improve without the help of drugs (if pleurisy caused by virus.)
- Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Getting rest.
- Lying on the painful side may be more comfortable.
Keywords: do you get rid pleurisy