Sleep is so important for the patients with sciatica. Options you can try to reduce your sciatica pain at night range from adjusting your sleep position to trying different stretches before bed.
For those who suffer from severe pain at night, there are also medications your doctor can prescribe to help with sleep.
Following are 10 tips for you to experiment to find what works best for you.
- Pick the best sleeping position for sciatica
- Find a better sleeping surface
- Stop yourself from lying on your painful side
- Invest in a good neck pillow
- Wear a pain-relieving patch to bed, or use capsaicin creams
- Ice sore areas before bed
- Do some light stretching before bed
- Be diligent about your sleep hygiene
- Indulge in sciatica massages
- Talk to your doctor
For more specialized help, find a pain doctor to diagnose the cause and extent of your pain so that the doctor can suggest treatment approaches that could work for you.
Keyword：sleep sciatica pain；sleeping sciatica