Hypertension affects people in all ages
, including young children. Obesity
, family history
of high blood pressure, medical problems such as sleep apnea
or other sleep disorders
are the main causes of hypertension in children.
of hypertension in children:
- Newborns have blood pressure greater than 12.0/8.0kpa (90/60mmhg).
- Infants have blood pressure greater than 13.3/8.0kpa (100/60mm hg).
- Preschoolers have blood pressure greater than 14.7/9.33kpa (110/70mmhg).
- School-age children have blood pressure greater than 14.7/10.7kpa (110/80mmhg).
for children with hypertension:
- Have a healthy diet: fresh fruits and vegetables, food with less salt.
- Doing regular exercises: walking, swimming, riding bicycles.
- Reduce time on screen.
- Have regular check on blood pressure.
- Take antihypertensives.
Keywords: children hypertension; children hypertension diagnosis; children hypertension treatments