To diagnose an epilepsy, doctors will firstly review the symptoms and one's medical history. Also, they may order several tests to diagnose epilepsy and determine the cause of seizures. Tests you may take include:
- A neurological exam.
- Blood tests.
- Electroencephalogram (EEG).
- High-density EEG.
- Computerized tomography (CT) scan.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Functional MRI (fMRI).
- Positron emission tomography (PET).
- Single-photon emission computerized tomography (SPECT).
- Neuropsychological tests.
All these test results together help the doctor make accurate diagnosis of your seizure type and where seizures begin.
Keywords: diagnose epilepsy; epilepsy diagnosis.