Treatments for hypertension should depend on the causes
and your real physical situation
. Aging, obesity, alcohol abuse, lack of exercise, too much stress and eating too much salt all may cause hypertension. Therefore, you should consult your doctor about what kind of treatment is suitable for you.
Here are some common treatments
- Calcium Channel Blockers
- Central Agonists
- Peripheral Adrenergic Blockers
- Angiotensin II receptor blockers
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors
- Eating a heart-healthy diet with less salt.
- Limiting alcohol drinking.
- Stop smoking.
- Try to lose weight if you're overweight.
- Avoid using illegal drugs.
- Doing mild exercise including swimming, walking, jumping rope and outdoors bicycling.
Keywords: hypertension treatment; treat hypertension; treatment hypertension; treatments hypertension