Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
can cause infections in the lungs and respiratory tract
. It is very common in children, but it can also infect adults. RSV is contagious
and spreads very fast.
of RSV is various according to different healthy conditions. In general, the diagnosis of RSV in infants
- The doctor will ask the time of the symptoms occur.
- The doctor will listen to the lungs with a stethoscope (check wheezing or other abnormal sounds).
Laboratory and imaging tests
- Chest X-rays (check lung inflammation).
- Swab of secretions from inside the mouth or nose (check signs of the virus).
- Blood tests (check white cell counts or viruses, bacteria and other germs).
- Using pulse oximetry (detect the oxygen in the blood).
Keywords: rsv diagnosis infants