are both associated with blood sugar level. Hypoglycemia is a drop and hyperglycemia is a rise of blood sugar level. Excessive insulin causes hypoglycemia while lack of it causes hyperglycemia.
In terms of the symptoms
of the two, there exist differences. Symptoms that you may notice with hypoglycemia are:
- Fast heartbeat
- Inability to think straight
However, signs and symptoms of hyperglycemia include:
- blood glucose over 240 mg/dl
- more urine output than usual
- increased thirst
- dry skin and mouth
- decreased appetite, nausea, or vomiting
- fatigue, drowsiness, or no energy
Contact your physician or nurse for further advice if possible.
Keywords: hyperglycemia hypoglycemia; hyperglycemia vs hypoglycemia; hypoglycemia hyperglycemia; symptoms hyperglycemia vs hypoglycemia