Melanoma is the most dangerous type of skin cancer. It develops in the cells that produce melanin. Melanoma can also develop in the eyes and internal organs.
Risk factors include:
- Strange growth on the skin
- Changes in existing moles
- Sunburn. Sunburns, especially those during one's childhood, increases the risk of getting melanoma.
- A family history of melanoma. You are very likely to develop the disease if your parent or sibling has it.
- Fair skin. Melanin is there to protect people from UV radiation. But people with fair skin have less melanin. So, people with fair skin have higher risk.
Keyword: melanoma skin cancer