What Is Septic Embolism?

  • 1
Q:
What is septic embolism?

1 Answer

These messages are for mutual support and information sharing only. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Septic embolism is a type of embolism that is infected with bacteria, resulting in the formation of pus. If left untreated, septic embolism can be fatal. Microbes can lead to widespread dissemination of septic emboli, the most common microbe of which is fusobacterium necrophorum. Fusobacterium necrophorum may occassionally cause septicaemia with metastatic abscesses (Lemierre's syndrome). Keyword: septic emboli
I just got out of the hospital and was told I was septic,I had never heard of it other then toxic shock shock from tampons. Anything I should know or watch out for?
It is a very serious condition. "Septic" means you have an infection of the blood stream resulting in a cluster of symptoms such as drop in a blood pressure, increase in heart rate and fever. This condition should be early treated with antibiotics. If left untreated or delayed, it may even cause death.
It means septicemia (bacteria in the blood), which occurs when a bacterial infection elsewhere in the body, such as the lungs or skin, enters the bloodstream. This is dangerous because the bacteria and their toxins can be carried through the bloodstream to your entire body. Septicemia can quickly become life-threatening.
Hi, there! What did the doctor tell you other than the news that you got sepsis? Generally, it is a serious, life-threatening infection that gets worse very quickly and requires immediate medical help. I would be surprised if the doctor didn’t provide any treatment options. Septicemia (aka. sepsis/blood poisoning) is bacteria in the blood that often occurs with severe infections. You may get it due to urinary tract infections, lung infections, kidney infections or infections in the abdominal area. If left untreated, you may develop a great number of serious complications such as septic shock, acute respiratory distress syndrome, etc. I don’t know if your septicemia has started to affect your organs or tissue function. But you really need to consult the doctor who gave you the diagnosis about the treatment part. Seriously, you need to be hospitalized to receive proper treatment. But don’t be afraid. In most cases, septicemia is treated with antibiotics, IV fluids and other medications. Sometimes, you may need to get oxygen through a mask or ventilator if you have problem with breathing. Anyway, you really need to be treated ASAP!
...