Scleroderma refers to the hardening and tightening of the skin and the connective tissues, it is a group of autoimmune diseases
In some cases, scleroderma affects
only the skin
. But in some other cases, scleroderma also affects the digestive tract, blood vessels, heart, kidney and lungs
Treatments for scleroderma can be divided into medical treatments and natural treatments.
Medical treatments for scleroderma.
- Moisturizers or corticosteroid creams.
- Corticosteroid pills such as prednisone.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs including ibuprofen, aspirin, and naproxen.
- Immune system supportive drugs including methotrexate, mycophenolate, and cyclophosphamide.
- Raynaud's phenomenon drugs including calcium channel blockers, alpha blockers, serotonin receptor antagonists, angiotensin II receptor inhibitors.
- kidney crises drugs including angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor antagonists.
Natural treatments for scleroderma.
- Do some exercises such as stretching to prevent joints from becoming hard to bend.
- Eat more fresh fruits and green lefty vegetables.
- Eat a healthy diet rich in Vitamin A, C and E.
- Quit smoking.
- Limit alcohol drinking.
- Keep the skin clean.
- Limit greasy and spicy food.
Keywords: best scleroderma treatments; best treatment scleroderma; natural treatments scleroderma; scleroderma treatment; treatment scleroderma; treatments scleroderma