Heartburn, also known as acid indigestion
, refers to the burning sensation in your chest or upper central abdomen. Heartburn often rises in the chest and can spread to the throat, neck, or angle of the jaw.
Remedies for heartburn can be divided into medical remedies and home or natural remedies.
Medical remedies for heartburn.
- Milk of Magnesia
- Alternagel, Amphojel
- Gaviscon, Gelusil, Maalox, Mylanta, Rolaids
- Cimetidine (Tagamet HB)
- Ranitidine (Zantac)
- Nizatidine (Axid AR)
- Famotidine (Pepcid AC)
- Esomeprazole (Nexium 24HR)
- Lansoprazole (Prevacid 24HR)
- Omeprazole (Prilosec OTC)
Home or natural remedies for heartburn.
- Avoid foods that trigger heartburn such as lemon, garlic, onion and chocolate.
- Quit smoking.
- Limit alcohol drinking.
- Avoid lying down after a meal.
- Avoid late or large meals.
- Avoid tight fitting clothes
- Do more exercises and maintain a healthy weight.
- Eat some almonds after every meal.
- Drink some gingerroot tea about 20 minutes before a meal.
- Eat an apple a couple of hours before bedtime.
- Elevate your head about 6 inches when you sleep.
- Chew a piece of sugar-free gum for 30 minutes after a meal.
Keywords: heartburn medication; heartburn medications; heartburn medicine; heartburn medicines; heartburn meds; medicine heartburn; meds heartburn; heartburn remedies; heartburn remedy; remedies heartburn; heartburn home remedies; heartburn home remedy;heartburn home remedy cure; home heartburn remedy; home remedies heartburn; home remedy heartburn; heartburn natural remedy; natural heartburn remedies; natural remedies heartburn; natural remedy heartburn; heartburn medicine over counter; otc heartburn medication; otc heartburn medications; over counter heartburn medications; over counter heartburn medicine