What is chronic gastritis?
Chronic gastritis is the chronic inflammation
of the gastric mucosa. It is a kind of gastritis that develops slowly over time.
What are the symptoms of chronic gastritis?
The possible symptoms of chronic gastritis include:
- Upper abdominal pain
- Poor appetite
- Black stool
Some effective treatments for chronic gastritis?
- B12 vitamin shots
- Antibiotics such as clarithromycin (Biaxin), amoxicillin (Amoxil, Augmentin), and metronidazole (Flagyl).
- Proton pump inhibitors such as ranitidine (Zantac), nizatidine (Axid AR), famotidine (Pepcid), and cimetidine (Tagamet HB).
- Avoid alcohol and coffee.
- Avoid foods that produce allergic symptoms.
- Eat more fresh fruits and green vegetables.
- Limit the use of pain relievers such as ibuprofen.
- Limit the use of anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin.
Keywords: chronic gastritis; chronic gastritis symptoms; chronic gastritis treatment; treatment chronic gastritis