Besides medical treatments and home remedies for edema, you can also reduce the swellings through some dietary changes
. Here come my foods suggestions for edema.
Foods to eat:
Foods to avoid:
- Diuretic foods: Examples are antichokes, parsley, grapes, green tea, cranberry juice, asparagus, oats, cabbages, dandelion tea, etc.
- Potassium-rich foods: The potassium contents in foods can help reduce swellings effectively. Examples are raisins, yogurt, sweet potatoes, apricots, spinach, tomatoes, bananas, etc.
- Omega-3 fatty acids-rich foods: The omega-3 fatty acids in foods can not only fight swellings, but also lower cholesterol and reduce inflammations. Examples are avocados, salmon, nuts, etc.
Other fatty acids-rich foods: Examples are walnuts, almonds, coconut oil, etc.
- Foods treated as antioxidants: They may thin the blood, boost circulation and support venous insufficiency. Examples are grape seed extract, bilberry, etc.
- High-sodium foods: Examples are canned beans, dairy products, beer, carbonated beverages, etc.
- Caffeine and alcohol
- Fatty and fried foods
- Artificial ingredients: Examples are processed meat such as sausage, bacon, convenience foods and restaurant foods and so on.
Keywords: best foods edema; diuretic foods edema