What is acute myelocytic leukemia?
It is one type of myelocytic leukemia, and this disease develops in a rapid speed
, without any treatment, it would end in 6 months. There would be amount of unmature white blood
cell in the blood, and these blood would cause diseases like: fever, short of breath, and unknowen bleeding etc.
What are symptoms of this disease?
The symptoms could include:
- feeling tired
- easy bruising and bleeding
- shortness of breath
- increased risk of infection
What are causes of it?
- infecting disease from animals, like: cat, dog, monkey, cow, mouse, etc.
- radiation pollution
- chemical substances
- the inherit element.<!--nextpage-->
What kinds of medical tests can be taken?
- Blood tests
- Bone marrow aspiration
- Lumbar puncture
- Genomic testing
What are treatments of the acute myelocytic leukemia?
- Remission induction therapy: the goal of this therapy is trying to reduce the leukemia cells in a minimum level, but the leukemia cannot kill completely, so it needs further treatment.
- Combined chemotherapy: taking different chemotherapeutics during the treatment, and the therapeutic effect is good enough.
- Bone marrow transplantation.
Keywords: acute chronic myelogenous leukemia; acute myelocytic leukemia; acute myelocytic leukemia aml; acute myelocytic leukemia definition; acute myelocytic leukemia children; acute myelocytic leukemia prognosis; acute myelocytic leukemia survival rate; acute myelocytic leukemia symptoms; signs symptoms acute myelocytic leukemia; acute myelocytic leukemia treatment.