This condition refers to dry eye disease
, or dry eye syndrome
.When the tears in your eyes are not enough, you may have dry eye disease.
Symptoms of dry eye disease include:
- Feeling burning in the eyes
- Redness in the eyes
- Sensitivity to light
- Feeling that there is something in your eyes.
If the symptoms are mild
, and do not occur frequently, artificial tears
can be effective. However, if the condition is severe, your should receive other treatments:
- Medications that reduce inflammations
- Medications that increase the production of tears
- Clearing blocked oil glands
- Eyelid massage
Key word: keratoconjunctivitis sicca