Definition of Hemophilia b
With hemophilia b, your body doesn’t have enough of a plasma protein
called factor IX
. Without such protein, the blood cannot clot.
Causes of Hemophilia b
- Genetic Inheritance
- Genetic Mutation
Symptoms of Hemophilia b
There are two main symptoms of hemophilia b:
- Abnormal bleeding
- Easy bruising
You should be cautious If you find the following symptoms in your children:
- Sudden nosebleeds
- Heavy bleeding from small cut or injuries that start up again after stopping
- Heavy long-term bleeding in the mouth after a tooth is removed
- Blood in urine or stool
- Large bruises
With this disease, even a small bump to the head can become serious. The followings are signs of bleeding in the brain
. You should seek for emergency medical help
if any of them happens:
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Sudden weakness or problems walking
- Throwing up
Diagnosis of Hemophilia b
You should take care once your baby becomes more active. Bruising
and long-lasting bleeding
from even small injuries may cause a doctor to suspect hemophilia.
The doctor may ask you questions
about the cause, lasting time, medication and other related questions about your child’s bruises or bleeding. Your family’s medical history
will also be asked to make further judgements.
Besides, doctors will test your child's blood. Through the blood test
, clotting time and the level of clotting factors can be detected. This often includes:
- Complete blood count (CBC).
- Prothrombin time (PT) and activated partial thromboplastin time (PTT). Both can test how long it takes blood to clot.
- Factor IX test. This measures the level of the clotting factor.
Treatments of Hemophilia b
- Replacement Therapy. With this treatment, doctors use a needle to inject clotting factor IX into the bloodstream. The replacement protein can come either from human blood or made in a lab.
- Regular Treatments. Regular treatments are needed if your child has severe hemophilia.
- First Aid. Quick first aid is significant when your child gets hurt.
- Exercise. Working out helps strengthen muscles. Therefore, bleeding can be lessened from injuries. Otherwise, extra weight puts more strain on the body, and that can make the bleeding problem worse.
Keywords: hemophilia b information,hemophilia b info,hemophilia b,haemophilia b,haemophilus b,hemophilia b causes,hemophilia b definition,hemophilia b medication,hemophilia b treatment drugs,severe hemophilia b therapy,hemophilia b therapy,severe hemophilia b therapy treatment