Gastroenterology Procedures

  • 1

1 Answer

These messages are for mutual support and information sharing only. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
When you're afraid you might have gotten gastroenteritis, you may turn to doctors in the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology. Doctors in this division may have you submit a stool sample and go through some procedures below.
  • Anorectal function tests (anoscopy etc.)
  • Biopsy
  • CT scan
  • Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy (capsule endoscopy, colonoscopy, laparoscopy, etc.)
  • Gallbladder ultrasound
  • Tests for GI motility disorders