Chemistry Panels are a group of tests that evaluate the general health condition
of the person.
Common Chemistry Panels Include:
- Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP): shows information about the status of the kidneys and the respiratory system, electrolyte balance, and acid-base (pH) balance.
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP): tells information about the condition of the liver and some blood proteins, as well as information BMP provides.
- Electrolyte Panel: detects problems with electrolyte balance
- Lipid Profile: evaluates the risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
- Liver Panel (Hepatic Function Panel): diagnoses hepatitis (liver inflammation), liver disease and liver damage.
- Renal Panel (Kidney Function Panel): a group of tests to examine the condition of the kidneys
- Thyroid Function Panel: evaluates thyroid function and diagnoses thyroid disorders.
Keywords: Chemistry Panels