What is the Treatment for Bone Spurs?

  • 1


1 Answer

These messages are for mutual support and information sharing only. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Bone spurs (osteophytes) are extra bony bumps in the place where bones meet, such as the joints. Usually, doctors recommend over-the-counter pain relievers to help ease the pain caused by bone spurs.

The common pain relievers include:

  • Acetaminophen (Tylenol, and others)
  • Ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, and others)
  • Naproxen sodium (Aleve, and others)
  Keywords: treatment for bone spurs; bone spurs
I have RA an have bone spurs in Mt knee an on the ball of my heal that is painful.What should I do?
Consult an orthopedic surgeon. Conservative management mainly involves pain relievers. In those that responded poorly, surgery may be considered.
Heel (on the back of the foot) pain.