Amyopathic dermatomyositis refers to a type of dermatomyositis with only or mainly skin lesions
. Patients with amyopathic dermatomyositis usually have no muscle involvement
. And there will be no inflammatory myopathy
for 2 years after skin changes, during which the level of muscle enzymes (creatine kinase and aldolase) remains normal.
However, amyopathic dermatomyositis has a high incidence of malignant tumors
and is associated with neoplastic connective tissue disease
Signs and symptoms of amyopathic dermatomyositis may include:
- edematous purple spots around the eyelids;
- heterochromatosis erythema in the neck, shoulders, upper chest, forearm and upper arm;
- Gottron papules and Gottron signs;
- telangiectasia at the nail fold (a contraction of telangiectasia)
- no muscle involvement, including muscle inflammation, weakness and pain;
- pulmonary lesions, for example, interstitial lung disease (ILD) is a relatively common and serious clinical manifestation, mainly characterized by dry cough, exertional dyspnea, and both lungs examined with blasting sounds.
Keyword: amyopathic dermatomyositis symptoms.