is a common skin disease. It occurs in the body trunk and the proximal extremities. There are a variable number of rose-red patches
with sugary scales. Pityriasis rosea is self-limiting disease. If the patients are not treated properly and early, pigmentation will be left on the skin where pityriasis rosea occurs.
Symptoms of pityriasis rosea are as follows:
Key words: pityriasis rosea; symptoms of pityriasis rosea.
- The skin lesions are oval or round rose rash. Some skin lesions are ring-shaped, and the skin surface is covered with scaly scales. At the edge of the rash, the scales are more pronounced and are collar-shaped.
- Generally, a single large damage first appears in the body trunk.
- One or two weeks later, rose-red patches appear on the toes and the proximal extremities of the limbs.
- Patients consciously feel different degrees of itching.
- Patients may have general malaise, such as headache, sore throat and other symptoms of upper respiratory tract infection.