Pes anserinus bursitis
is an inflammatory condition of the bursa located between the shinbone and three tendons of the hamstring muscle on the inner side of the knee.
- Repetitive stress. Overuse and repetitive movements of muscles would cause friction and pressure on the bursa;
- Muscle weakness or tightness;
- Training errors;
- Pain and tenderness on the inner side of the knee;
- Swelling and redness;
- Stiffness and weakness of muscles.
- Rest. Good rest will help the swelling to settle down;
- Ice. Ice pack would be used to reduce pain and swelling on the inner side of the knee;
- Medications. Anti-inflammatories and painkillers can help to reduce pain and inflammation;
- Stretches. Stretching exercises could help to take the pressure off the bursa;
- Physical Therapy;
If you are not sure about your treatments, please go see a doctor for professional help.
Key words: Pes anserinus bursitis; bursa; shinbone.