Infection of external bacterial or allergic reaction to some stimuli will make your conjunctivae (a transparent covering of the eyes) inflamed. Based on its causes, it’s easy to understand the symptoms of pink eye.
The common symptoms of bacterial pink eye include:
- Redness, itchiness or a gritty feeling in one or both eyes
Viral pink eye has more severer symptoms, such as:
- Discharge of a thick, sticky mucus in one or both eyes
- A swollen lymph node under the jaw or in front of the ear
- Slight blurring of vision
- An upper respiratory infection or cold