Multiple reasons can explain why people get depression. These include exhaustion in daily life or work, grief, sudden changes (death of a loved one for example), personal health condition, isolation, etc. What we all should know about depression is that it's not the patients' fault. Apart from psychological and medical help from doctors, you can (or ask your families to) help the treatment to some extent through a home massage spa.
Why home massage spa helps
1) Scientific research shows that touch improves the level of pituitary-adrenal axis. People with depression tend to isolate themselves from others and avoid tactile stimulation which may worsen their depression. Families can help relieve their bad feelings by short massage processes.
2) Massage can stimulate hormones and neurotransmitters to reach a better balance for depressed people. The disorder or cortisol can be revised, and the level of endorphin which is good for people's mood can be raised.
What to remember during the process
1) Soft music and light can help the effects, but remember to ask for the patients' ideas when preparing.
2) During the process, ask the patient to focus only on the present feeling. Remind the patient to review their mood before and after the home massage spa.
3) Always remember to keep the process short and simple, and ask the patient for present feelings. If the patient asks to stop the process, stop it immediately. People with depression can be extremely emotional and eager for sense of safety.
Editors’ selected articles and questions are posted in HTQ Page on Facebook. You are most welcome to follow and/or Like us to stay updated on the latest health info.